Overview of the Academy Standards Committee
The Academy Standards Committee (ASC) is made up of Community Governors, Parent Governors, a Staff Governor, and the Headteacher. The ASC will meet formally approximately once per term and Governors will also carry out a range of monitoring activities which are documented.
The general terms of the ASC are as follows;
- To act on matters delegated by the Trust Board (TB) and Local Hub Board (LHB) as set out in the Scheme of Delegation
- To report to the Local Hub Board (LHB) and other committees where necessary
- To contribute to the Academy Improvement Plan
- To consider safeguarding and equalities implications when undertaking all committee functions
- To promote engagement with stakeholders, partners and the community
The Terms of Reference of the ASC sets out the detail of their key responsibilities within the following areas;
- Curriculum planning and delivery
- Assessment and improvement
- Stakeholder Engagement
Governors are appointed for a term of four years, and must adhere to the Code of Conduct.
Keeping in touch
Becoming a Governor